2012 was a great year for our family and also for our small business. Not only did we sell more maps than ever before, but in July we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl. Ellen has given our lives a whole new sense of meaning, and spending time with her has become the highlight of our days. With that being said, Daddy’s still gotta pay the bills and we have been consistently making maps for new and repeat customers all year long. The wonderful people we met in 2012 really made this year special… thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone who has supported our business! Here are a few specific things from this past year we are especially thankful for:[unordered_list style=”tick”]
- The healthy birth of our first child, Ellen as mentioned above : )
- The 2 HUGE Lake Minnetonka maps we sold. Each one was 6 feet wide x 4.5 feet high! Learn more here.
- We added many new lakes to our inventory including: Big Fish Lake, Big Cormorant Lake, Lake Melissa, Detroit Lake, Lake Sally, Boot Lake, Borden Lake, Cotton Lake, Straight Lake and more.
- We created a custom map of historic Austin, Texas which turned out really cool.
- The 2 maps NE Minneapolis we made which were given as recognition awards to retiring board members at the wonderful Catholic Eldercare organization in Minneapolis.
- We created a custom map of a portion of the Oregon coast along the Pacific which was very fun to work on.
- The improved framing process we implemented this year.
- FedEx is loving us: this year we shipped maps to Missouri, Texas, Oregon and San Francisco CA (along with other maps shipped to states much closer to home).
- Last but not least, throughout the year we donated maps to different silent aucions supporting different causes as well as providing cash donations to 5 separate charities totalling over 20% of our yearly profits! The charities we supported in 2012 where: Ellas Halo, North Country Food Bank, PROP, Reach and Restore and Dare to Share.
Thanks again to all of our customers for thier friendship and business. Most importantly, thank you to our wonderful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ from whom all good things flow. We hope that 2013 will be just as great! Amen!!
-Brad, Tammy and Ellen Neuerburg[/unordered_list]