2014 was a year of transition for us as we looked to expand the reach of our lake maps while steamlining our business to accomodate our growing family. We continued the 5 year streak of increasing sales each year since we began; bolsterd by some unexpected TV time! We also had the wonderful gift of our second child being born in August. Having a second child at home helped illustrate the need to expand our team to help fullfil orders so we could focus more on family, customer interaction, and creating new maps.
Here is a list of some of the cool things from 2014.
This guy does such a nice job! -Emily Engberg (Twin Cities Live Reporter)
- In February we attended the Lake Home and Cabin show at the Minneapolis Convention center. It was our first year at the show and didn’t know what to expect, but we were welcomed with an amazing response and even met our goal of selling 1 map per hour! Thank you to Dave, Joel and Tammy for helping out at the show.
- We added a few new lakes to our inventory including: Prior Lake, Marion Lake and Pokegama / Cross and a really cool map featuring a portion of the Mississippi River.
- We began the process of moving all of our online sales onto Etsy, which should make life simpler and more convienent for both ourselves and our customers when ordering maps online.
- Our maps were featured on the TV Show Twin Cities Live in August It was a great segment and we began recieving phone calls seconds after it was broadcast! See the clip here.
What a beautiful gift to have in your home if you have a cabin up north! – Elizabeth Ries (Twin Cities Live Host)
- Leo David was born on August 21st in Waconia, instantly doubling our amount of children (and future map makers) but putting a tempory halt in production.
- Also, we have improved our processes to increase our order capacity and reduce shipping times.
- Speaking of shipping, we have dropped all of our shipping costs by over 50%.
- Lastly we were honored to help with silent auctions throughout the year by donating maps and again donated a portion of our profits back into charities throughout the state of MN.[/unordered_list]
A heart felt thank you to all those who have supported us this last year. We so appreciate every compliment, referal, and sale. We look forward to seeing what 2015 brings! God Bless you all!
-Brad, Tammy, Ellen and Leo Neuerburg